Sunday 13 July 2008

Weekend Bulletin

Here I am sitting in the garden, playing on my new tiny baby laptop (shiny new toy! So exciting!) and dropping by to tell you that tomorrow, as promised, I’ll be launching the start of a week-long competition to celebrate the release of Mistress: Hired for the Billionaire’s Pleasure.

(How sweet is this? It's an Advent 4211, fact fans, and is the size of a smallish notebook and really light.
Obviously, it's going to revolutionise my working life and quadruple my productivity... )
Every day I’ll be posting about a different aspect of the book, with a question, and on Friday I’ll do a quick recap and announce the prizes (which I’m still finalising). However, bear with me a little as tomorrow’s post will be up slightly behind my usual post-school run/cup-of-tea and slice-of-toast kind of schedule. This is because I’m appearing on Channel M’s breakfast show tomorrow morning. Live! (or live-ish, given the state of me in the mornings...)
What’s worrying me most about this at the moment is not the question of what to wear (about a 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 Top Things to Worry About) or oversleeping and being horribly late (possibly a 7) but the fact that all around daughters are succumbing to the sickness bug that’s doing the rounds at school. I’m counting on my notorious oil-tanker constitution to see me right...

6 comments:

Kate Hardy said...

Good luck with the breakfast show! Am sure it will go really well (you'd look glam in a binbag so stop worrying about what to wear). Hope your girls didn't go down with the bug. And I look forward to hearing all about your TV experiences and your lovely new toy :o)

Anonymous said...

Squeals of excitement!What time are you on Channel M tomorrow?

Am massively coveting your new toy, lots of review style comments would be greatly appreciated. There are so many laptops around I don't really know where to start- apart from selecting 'price low to high'!

Good luck tomorrow. I'll be watching if you're on after nine.

Love,

Rach.
XXXXX

Unknown said...

Well the good news is that although daugher #3 was horribly sick yesterday, she's loads better today, and I haven't succumbed! (so far...)

TV thing was this morning Rach. It was great fun, although the getting up at 5 and trying to keep my eyes open long enough to put mascara on, then drive to Manchester was more like a cruel game show challenge. I can't get channel m where I live so have no way of seeing it though-- possibly just as well. Would undoubtedly discover that putting make up on in the dark while still mostly asleep is not a good idea.

Still loving the new toy. It's very small-- probably too small to use as a main writing computer, but just fab to carry around for writing on the move. And sooo cheeeeeeap!

Anonymous said...

What a dumbo I am--proof if it was ever needed that I really don't know what day it is!

Turns out I couldn't get channel M anyway-virgin media connected or not but I'm glad it went well for you. So glamorous!

Maybe a kind soul with much more technical knowledge than me could get it up on YouTube somehow. Wouldn't that be fun?!

Love,
Rach.
XXXXX

Nell Dixon said...

Sounds fab - I have gadget envy.

Unknown said...

Rach, can't decide if being on youtube would be cool or excruciating. Suspect the latter, but am curious to see what was said this morning. Can't actually remember a word!

Nell-- invest, invest! I am expecting my £279 to be repaid many times over in terms of vastly increased wordcount thanks to opportunity to write while on the go. (Of course that's possible... isn't it...?!)