Wednesday 30 April 2008

Look!

The cover for my next book is up on Amazon.

This is my August release (out in hardback in June) and is Orlando and Rachel’s story—you know, the one I was so deeply obsessed about last summer, and for which the delicious James D’Arcy provided the hero material.

(Let’s just remind ourselves shall we....


.... Ah yes.... lovely.)

It's my favourite book so far, though I think it should have the subtitle ‘Pleasure has got nothing to do with it...’ as it’s also pretty dark at times. I have to confess, James/Orlando is just a little more lean and beautiful than his cover counterpart (and the colour of Rachel’s hair is all wrong... picky, picky, picky) but I think it does a pretty good job of catching the mood, and Rachel's dress is so much sexier than poor Anna's dinner lady overall on my last book!


(The hulking dark shape in the background is a piano, by the way, and not the open bonnet of the hero's Ford Cortina. )

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a yummy cover, India! I can't wait to scoop it up. Your stories are always beautiful and delicious.

Mary

Michelle Styles said...

I love the mood of the cover. It speaks of glamour, high living and sparkling romance.
I am totally looking forward to reading it.

Eva said...

Yes, great cover, India. Love the green dress.

Unknown said...

Thanks so much, ladies. You've made me feel much more positive!

Trish Wylie said...

Not sure I want to read it if there's no Ford Cortina...

NICE COVER!!!

Oh and you've just been TAGGED on my blog - You're IT