Tuesday 13 November 2007

Good news, bad news

Here's the summary...

Good news: The RSI seems to be abating slightly. Think this is due to drafting in long hand before typing, altering the position of my wrists when I do type, and following Rachel and Abby's advice on the red wine and chocolate to the letter. Thankfully the book is starting to take off on its own now. (Yes, I know. About time too.)

Bad news: The new series of I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here started last night here in the UK, heralding two spectacularly untimely weeks of hideously addictive TV viewing leading right up to my deadline....

Good news: The ‘celebrities’ are largely the barrel-scrapings of D-list anonymity and after ten minutes I gladly drifted back to my desk. Hurrah! Crisis averted. The relief....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done you, India for resisting temptation!
It will all be worth it in a couple of weeks when you can blast off your latest to London- who knows, you might even get it in early.
If it's any consolation I have to make a choice between two hideous jobs to earn my keep today: Madam's pit of a room (cough, sniff, ouch) or the 'you-know-what'. (shudders).
love,
Rach.
XX

Anonymous said...

I must move to the UK straightaway. You obviously have the best t.v. programming...I, on the other hand, must confess to getting up extray early (and not just because of the kittens) but...TO WATCH DIFFERENT STROKES, which comes on the tube at 6am...I can't help it. I loved that show as a kid and now that they're doing reruns, I'm in heaven (and quite shocked to see the 70/80s fashions on that show have done a Lazerus in my local stores).

Unknown said...

Tough call, Rach. Are you sure there was no 'lie on the sofa and pretend to research yogic meditation techniques' option?

I know what you mean about the scary 80s fashion revival, Brown. My daughter has a black and white striped ra-ra skirt that is JUST what I would have adored in 1983... if only I'd had decent enough legs to wear it.

(Oh, and we had a whole season of re-runs of Thirtysomething fairly recently. I totally adored that first time round, and felt it had stood the test of time pretty well. Apart from the clothes, of course. Awful beyond reason.)

Michelle Styles said...

Glad your RSI is improving. Do you have a gel pad in front of your keyboard?

Thirtysomething was great. I can remember when it was first on and 30 seemed years away. One of the actresses on the show went to my school...and I can remember being thrilled...

Unknown said...

Have got a gel mouse mat and am at the moment using a warm wheat-sack thing that you heat up in the microwave while I wait for Amazon to deliver all my other bits and pieces.

How exciting that one of the 30something actresses went to your school-- which one? I just wanted to be Hope when I grew up, which probably has a lot to do with why I got married at 22. Still waiting to grow up though...