Tuesday 20 November 2007

Lost in the fog

I'm probably not going to be around very much between now and the end of next week. Deadline... RSI... it's all a bit grim. In the meantime you must nip over to Abby Green's website where she's currently running a contest (ridiculously generous, that girl) and gossiping about what she's been up to in the last couple of months. It's all so much more exciting than anything you'll read here, unfortunately...

Yesterday I had my most difficult and scary writing day ever. I almost would have preferred to be back on a freezing hockey pitch, which just goes to show how difficult and scary it was. Must not look down. Must just keep going....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, just keep going, India. Thinking of you and wishing you mega inspiration and speed of light fingers.
You'll get there!
Love,
Rach.
XX

Michelle Styles said...

Just keep writing.

I read an interview with Ian Rankin over the weekend. Apparently when he gets ideas mid ms, he simply types them in in CAPITAL LETTERS. The vast majoirty of the time, he does not know how his novels will turn out until he gets to the end of the first draft.

Trust you ability to revise.

Nell Dixon said...

Leaving you a hug.

Unknown said...

Rachel, thank you for your inspiration wishes. (xx) Would it be very cheeky to ask for some chocolate fingers to go with the light ones....?

Michelle, I do a similar thing but add bits in blue (draft writing) or red (sort of instructions or notes). Part of the reason why I'm so worried is that my ms seems to be mainly red and blue with very little black! But, thanks to your really, really excellent advice yesterday I'm getting there and the colour is gradually being eaten away. And I'm feeling much more positive.

Nell, that is so much appreciated. And needed. Thank you xx.

Anonymous said...

Oh, wretchedness. Keep doing, Darling, we're all rooting for you (and eating chocolate on your behalf).