Wednesday 12 December 2007

India the Unready.

While flicking through a magazine in the dentist's waiting room yesterday I discovered that, according to their ‘Countdown to Christmas’ feature today is the day I should be preparing my homemade stuffing to put in the freezer for the big day.

(**falls off chair laughing**)

Reached something of a low point last night when my husband rather annoyingly announced that the last posting dates are looming, and I realised that not only are all the presents that need posting still unwrapped and languishing in drawers and cupboards, but a good many of them are also still unbought and languishing in Marks and Spencers. Oh dear. However, still in positive frame of mind I went to unearth the pitiful few that I do have, only to discover that I’d left the wrapping paper I bought yesterday (in a brave attempt to get on top of things) in the shop.

I think I now know why hedgehogs hibernate.

But just when a downwards spiral into misery and recrimination seemed inevitable, salvation came in the form of an email from the lovely Amanda Ashby, in which (amongst other things) she posed the interesting question 'if David Boreanaz and James D'Acry were in a naked mud wrestling competition who would win?' Definitely something to ponder as I sit through Carol Service Number Two later on. Early research suggests that David has the weight advantage, but that James has height and gorgeous hands on his side... (And of course the gorgeous hands matter. To me, anyway.)

4 comments:

Fiona Harper said...

I'm with you, sister! Christmas? What Christmas? I only understand the word if it's pronounced 'deadline'.

Amanda Ashby said...

Of course India forget to mention that the rest of my email was full of very important writerly topics such as characters arcs and gmc (okay, that's a lie. It was all about the naked men in a mud wrestling fight. Le sigh!)

Michelle Styles said...

Do not mention either word.

I too am staring a deadline in the face and pretending that Christmas is a LONG ways away.
Amazon is good for sending presents...

Unknown said...

Keep going Fiona and Michelle! And for what it's worth, I think that baked beans on toast would make a perfectly acceptable Christmas dinner....

Amanda, you have a knack of cutting straight to the important stuff. In this case naked men and mud wrestling. It's a wonderful talent. Don't fight it!